Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yes, this is another blog entry about being thankful. How could I not be thankful?

My youth group and I rocked the sanctuary of our church tonight. We just took over service tonight. From Worship to the Word to the Rejoicing time. At the end of two of the most amazing youth leaders sharing the Word of God to the congregation they broke of into twos and the worship team got back up and played the bridge of the song "Came To Rescue Me" and as I looked out into the sanctuary, watching everyone in the congregation get blessed, I couldn't help, but think how blessed and thankful I am to be apart of a Church Body who really listens and is sensitive to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit reminded me tonight of how thankful this year I really am. First off, I'd like to say that there is a God and He does love us, He does care, and He certainly answers prayer! I remember the day, I remember the time, I remember what I was doing, and yes I even remember what I was wearing. It was Labor day, it was about 4pm, I was playing my guitar, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I remember saying, "God, I love the youth group you put me in, but I need something more. I need people to relate too, I need people who understand exactly what I'm feeling because they are feeling similar feelings. I need a college group fix. Could you meet me where I am at? I know you can, you've done it before, could you do it again?" A few weeks later at school, a young man by the name of Nick pulled me in. I met him and this young woman named Claire. From that day on, I believed that God could meet you wherever you were at and gives you everything you pray for plus more. I am thankful for my Chi Alpha family. I am thankful for my TLC family. I am thankful for my family in general. I am thankful for a God with unconditional love. I am thankful for life, yeah it's not easy, but I am thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment