Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Who am I, Even When the Tests and Trials Hit?

I going through a period of change, transition, and a little bit of searching with God. Everything in my life seems to be changing some for the good and some for the not so good. I am transitioning back to actually leaving the house for school. The 5am alarm clock couldn't go off any earlier most mornings, then as I drag myself to my 8am class, I always ask God if this is the right way to go. I feel like I am skating on really thin ice and I am going to collapse at any moment. Everything is changing. From school to my internship to my youth group. My brother said to me the other day,"Well, change is good sometimes..." That coming out of my younger brother mouth just about shocked me. Then I started thinking, I need to search God's Word, if it really is a book to help you through every trial in life, then it can help me with all the change going down in life right now. I was laying in bed last night just thinking about this change in life and this thought occurred to me, "Maybe that line, 'there's a reason for everything' actually is true. Maybe God's trying to show me not only who I am when things are good, but who I am when my whole world's falling apart." I was blown away, I tossed in turned hoping to feel like I didn't think that. Then throughout today the thought came back. "God is probably trying to teach me not only who I am when every thing's good, but who I am when every thing's bad." I tried to ignore it, I tried to say I didn't think that, but I did. I could go on, but I want to come back and read my blog, so I won't bore you. I'll definitely break this down in entries to come. So I leave you with a piece of advice and a question:

Question:
Who are you not only when things are good, but when everything in your world's falling apart?

The piece of advice is actually is a verse from the Bible:
"But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior;

so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
their dishonor will never be forgotten." -Jeremiah 20:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment