Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Change Working in Me.

Some things in my life need to change and by some things, I mean everything! I've come to the realization that failure, is not a good thing. I recently downloaded the YouVersion application to my phone. Mainly it gives me something positive to read on my way to school. So today, I flipped out my phone, and was reading a verse in 2 Corinthians 13:5, I read it in the Message version, mainly so I could understand it and it brought a whole new light to everything I'm going through. It says:

"Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it."

So basically in a nutshell I needed to read that, I don't even remember how I got there, all I remember was reading it. I read it after learning that I basically failed my third English test and took my business law exam. I felt basically like a complete and total failure. I was on the verdge of beating myself up, but then I remember what someone in my life told me to do when I got to that point. She told me to make a concious effort to not beat myself up. So today I did so. I made that concious effort to not beat myself up, I pulled my phone out again and read that verse that I mentioned above. My hands are shaking, they have been since, I read it for the second time. God is amazing and is working things out in my life, and I am excited for what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment