Monday, April 18, 2011

What Doesn't Kill You, Really Only Makes You Stronger.

A typical SoCal trip wouldn’t be the same without being at a movie theater at least once.  On Saturday, I went to the movie theater with my daddy, uncle, and two cousins to watch Soul Surfer. So here’s the thing, I don’t watch much television, I don’t have a lot of time and there’s nothing really good on, mainly because I live in a house with local channels only, no cable. So I went into this movie with no idea what to expect; I left the movie with a changed perspective, especially on what Philippians 4:13 really means.

We all know what Philippians 4:13 says: “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” –New Living Translation
The movie is about the incredible true story of Bethany Hamilton, the now professional surfer who grew up in Hawaii and at the age of 13 lost her arm. Though a month after the attack, she returned back to the water. She wasn’t going to let anyone tell her that she couldn’t do anything, she was determined to continue surfing because she loved it.

Have you ever thought about it? Do you know how many times we give up something we love just because the process of getting there didn’t necessarily turn out the way we originally planned it to? This movie brought that to my attention. There are times we give up on our dreams because something goes wrong in the process, do you realize how wrong that is?

In the Good News Translation Jeremiah 29:11 says: “I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.

So here’s a little food for thought… If you were to continue to follow your dreams and only care about what the Lord says about you, don’t you think you’ll live a happier and healthier life? Isn’t He the One who put it in your heart in the first place? So why would you care what someone of this world says? Just a thought.

Philippians 4:13; Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment