Sunday, August 8, 2010

Here's to Living the Dream.

It started off with a graduation --- my graduation. I saw 13 years of hard work pay off in a 2.5 hour ceremony. I was headed into my first summer vacation since entering the 7th grade. I had no clue what to expect. Then it started --- my summer has consisted of the following things:
Visiting with my daddy.
Campaigning for Steve Poizner
Missions Trip --- Hollywood, California
Internship --- Housing Group Fund
City on the Hill Youth Leadership Conference --- put on by Capitol Resource Institute

Though that seems like a lot --- this summer went by way too fast. I have learned and grown so much. Heading to SCC in a few weeks. I am stoked --- nervous --- scared --- all in one. This has been the best summer of my life and if I could relive it over and over again --- I think I'd be the happiest person on the planet. Ready to take on college by storm. Here's to a new life --- to making new friends --- networking with potential employers --- seeing the world --- living the dream. Here's to forgetting that is behind me --- learning from my mistakes --- staying strong in the midst of a battle --- living the dream. Here's to new and exciting challenges --- adventures --- a new defined relationship with God --- living the dream that He has planned for me. Here's to new late night conversations with old and new friends --- to new friend drama --- to loving God as each day goes on --- living the dream. Here's to living out the dream that God had for me long before the foundations of the Earth. Here's to a new life --- conquering the world --- here's the path through adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment