Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Homeschooled High School Graduate - My Homeschool Story.

Most of my graduating class started their home school journey in kindergarten. I however started mine in the 7th grade. I was 13 years old, a grade behind in school, so lost and confused, and didn't know what to think of this home school journey. I was pulled out of Mitchell Middle School, I was put in South Sutter Charter School. We were blessed with amazing teachers every year and a tutor that I'll never forget. Sophomore year, we resigned from South Sutter Charter School and joined the organization that I just recently graduated with. SCOPE, Sacramento Christian Organization of Parent Educator. From South Sutter Charter School to Leadership Christian High School. My life was changed. You see in the charter school, I didn't socialize with many people my age. When we joined Scope, I did and it changed my life forever. From all my "friends" at Mitchell leaving my out in the curb to gaining all these amazing friends. All my "friends" at Mitchell told me that I never will make it to graduation day, all my friends in Scope, pushed me there. My life changed dramatically when my family and I joined this organization, there were people who actually cared about me and my education. Don't get me wrong there were the struggles. There was the confusion, the frustration, the miscommunication with my parents. It definitely has not been easy, but I managed to make it through in one piece, this past school year, I anticipated my high school graduation, this summer I am anticipating my new life at Sacramento City College one whole year earlier than planned after my detour in 3rd grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment