Friday, June 4, 2010

Growing Old is Mandatory. Growing Up is Optional.

It has been a busy few weeks, I won't lie. Saturday, May 15th started my graduation week. I was at my senior banquet and when a limo came and picked me up at 4:30pm that afternoon, everything hit me. As I stepped into the limo, I realized that I had 7 days left of high school. I had 7 days left to finish that "high school bucket list", I had 7 days left of my childhood pretty much, because isn't that what it means to receive your high school diploma? That your childhood is over? I mean I know that quote, "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional." Either way you kind of have to grow up. Yes there is a time and place for everything and yes you can always be a child at heart. I am not saying you can't. But there are three things that really opened my eyes to this thing we all call adulthood, the first thing is I can vote, the second thing is that I can die FOR my country, and the third thing is I can go to jail as an adult. I am going to elaborate on everything here. Going back to you can vote. I can elect the next President, the next Governor, the next Senator, the next Assembly member, the next Mayor, the next Council member. That is really a lot to think about. The next thing I can die FOR my country. Meaning, I can join the Military. Fight for our country and die for our country. The last thing, I can go to jail for doing something stupid AS AN ADULT! This all hit me as I was entering a limo to go to my senior banquet. Yeah, I know pretty strange right?
I have been on the go since I graduated. One thing after another. But I am not complaining. I love being busy. It keeps me out of trouble. This is going to be an interesting summer, a changing summer, a transitional summer. I can't wait to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment